Tuesday 23 June 2009

Evaluation Report for Assignment 2

Dear all course mates,

After I have gone through all exercises and workshops, I know the infrastructure of e-commerce systems much better than before. (Actually, I not only learn the e-commerce infrastructure but also, the applications.) Honestly, in my workplace, we have different teams dedicated to networking infrastructures and application developments. I seldom get to know the work of the other team. This time really gives myself an opportunity to understand something that I got to understand but I didn’t understand for years.

The ‘Ruby on Rails’ workshops have enabled me to be familiar with the design of a web application by using the MVC technique. I really admit that the MVC technique is a good approach to develop an application. Nowadays, the life of software or an application is getting shorter as the technologies are progressing very fast as well as the business environment. Therefore, we can’t afford to spend plenty of time designing the application. The technique such as System Development Life Cycle might not be applicable at the era.

Overall, I have benefitted a lot from this course and got very good exposure to the new technologies.

No comments: